Are you teaching your child about the masjid? This week in prek, we've read a book about the masjid. I chose a book that had disntinct shapes to the drawings of the masjid. After we've read the book, we looked at the page with the masjid and discussed the shapes. Then I had the children make this shaped masjid.
What you need:
- a sheet of white A4 paper
- a selection of coloured paper inthese shapes:
- markers to draw
1. Prepare a finished masjid shape and show this to children. Go through each shape.
2. Hold up each coloured shape and go through with children what shapes they are (and colour too if you like). Shoe children how to make the semi circle dome by first placing the circle down then placing the square over it to cover half way. (Children will be amzed at this.)
3. Hand out the white sheet of paper and the glue stick.
4. Hand out the circle and have children put glue over one side and place it onto the white sheet. Every time that you hand out a shape, tell children what shape it is.
5. Hand out the square and have children put glue onto one side and place it over the circle with a bit showing (as previously shown).
6. Hand out the rectangle and have children put glue onto one side and place it next to the square.
7. Hand out the triangle and have children put glue onto one side and place it on top of the rectangle.
8. Hand out the smaller square and have children put glue onto one side and place it on over the bigger square.
9. Have children draw pictures of themselves in the masjid.
Other masjid activities that you might like:
Preschool Masjid eBook Download
Masjid Colouring Sheet
Masjid Pull Tab Craft
Masjid Lift the Flap
Paper Mosaic Masjid