I am a Muslim
1. Read a book called 'We Are Muslims, Alhamdulillah" by IQRA or another similar book.
2. Discuss what a Muslim is, what we do, how we should dress.
3. Sing to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot: "I'm a little Muslim, brave and strong. Here is my heart and here is my song. I will strive for Allah, all life long. Never ever will I do wrong!" (Make the appropriate body actions as you sing.)
4. Muslim Boy/Girl Craft: Precut pieces of fabric into squares. Let children glue the pieces of fabric to clothe their little Muslim person.
1. Read a book called "I Can Pray Anywhere" by Islamic Foundation or similar book.
2. Discuss what praying is, Who we pray to and sometimes we can use a prayer mat to pray on.
3. Chant: "My Body, my body. Allah made my body. He made my hands go clap, clap, clap. He made my feet go stomp, stomp, stomp. He made my mouth to read Qur'an. He made my ears to hear athan. He made my body for salat." (Make the appropriate body actions as you chant.)
4. Prayer Mat Craft: Provide children with a prayer mat template and colourful paper to decorate their mat using glue.
Muslims Pray in a Masjid
1. Read a book called "Zaahir and Jamel the Camel At the Mosque" by Goodword Kidz or similar book.
2. Discuss what a mosque is and what we do there.
3. Sing to the tune of The Farmer in the Dell: "Muslims are in the mosque, Muslims are in the mosque. Alhamdulillah, Muslims are in the Mosque. Muslims are praying now, Muslims are praying now. Alhamdulillah, Muslims are praying now."
4. Masjid Craft: Provide children with a mosque template and an assortment of glitter to decorate their masjid using glue.